Dunlop established a $2,000 scholarship in 1992 to be awarded to an incoming college freshman.
Applications for the scholarship may be accessed here:
Dunlop Scholarship Application Form [PDF file]
Completion of the application form is required, including a letter of recommendation. Applications must be received by the entry deadline.
Selection of the winner is based upon (in order of importance):
-Activities, leadership and honors
-Sportsmanship and character
The players must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Must have played in at least two Palmetto Championships (the current year may count as one of the two).
- Must have received a USTA-SC ranking at least two years.
- Must play in the current year’s Palmetto Championships (unless junior eligibility has expired, there is an injury or illness or there is a conflict with school or graduation).
- Must be an incoming freshman at an accredited post-secondary college, university or Vocational school in the United States.
- Must not already have a full college scholarship.
The scholarship recipient will be announced during the Palmetto Fling on Saturday evening, May 27.
Former scholarship winners include: